YOU READ IT RIGHT
Podcasts are now becoming one of the best ways one spends time, next to listening to music. And in 2019, there are plenty of podcasts one can listen to. However, having access to them requires installing an app. Of course, on the internet, there are plenty of apps for podcasts, but my favorite one has always been the Google Podcasts. For some reason, I didn’t feel the need to waste space on my phone for installing an app, so I started searching for alternative, lite files I could use. Luckily, I stumbled across a brilliant way in which I could easily access the podcasts without the need to download an app separately. Here’s how you can do that too:
- Launch the Google assistant.
Android users only need to long-press their home button to do this. For Apple users, you’ll have to install the Assistant app from the App Store.
2. Go to the settings.
Tap on your profile picture to do that.
3. Click on the assistant tab.
4. Scroll down and go to routines.
5. Add a routine.
Click on the plus icon to do this.
6. Add a command you would want to say to trigger the podcasts.
Add any more commands you are likely to speak for the podcasts
7. Now under click on add media and select podcasts
Wait, Don’t stop here.
8. Click on Podcasts settings
(The little gear next to Podcasts).
9. Choose any option you want
It will be preferable to choose to play the latest episode of a specific podcast
10. Now save the routine.
11. Click on the home button and launch the assistant a second time.
12. Now speak one of the commands you chose to enter in Step. 6
In this case, “Time for Podcasts.”
13. The assistant will launch the podcast. Voila!
14. Now, to get inside the app itself, click on the Podcasts icon on the top-left.
15. Boom! You are now successfully inside the Podcasts app.
16. You can now freely navigate through the end number of podcasts it provides. You can also, for free, subscribe to any podcast and even download it and listen to it offline.
To add a specific podcast to your homescreen, go to its main page, click on the 3 dots on the top-right, and click on “add to homescreen”.